High School Resource
In this activity, student groups create and illustrate the perfect place to work.
- As a group, you create and illustrate the “perfect” place to work.
- You may decide to manufacture a product, provide a service, manage information, etc.
- You may decide to help people in need, build bridges, sell “great ideas,” etc.
- You may decide to do a combination of things (products and services) in order for each member of your group to be happy at work.
- You decide which job each of you will take within this business. You need to include a leader or manager of the business (someone who is in charge). What things will each of you be responsible for to make the workplace or business successful?
- You may also decide what kind of work environment you want; factors to consider include physical appearance, setting, work schedule, relationships among yourselves (supervisors, middle management), etc.
- As in many workplaces, you are short-staffed. There is more work than your team can handle! You may get more staff, but there is no guarantee. How would you divide your current workload if you lost a member of your team to another workplace? How would you recruit new members to your workplace?
Related NY State Academic Standards: CDOS.C.1.1.A, CDOS.C.1.1.B, CDOS.C.1.1.C, and more!
Be sure to check out our Educational Resources, featuring thousands of activities, lesson plans, constructed-response questions, rubrics, teacher resources, multimedia, and more!