High School Resource
In this activity, students understand the importance of crisis management in the human and public services workplace.
In order to demonstrate the importance of crisis management in the workplace and specific steps to apply to crisis situations, students perform the following activities:
- Identify members of a crisis management team.
- Describe the generic roles of members of a crisis management team.
Detail the specific roles of members of a crisis management team in the
context of a specific crisis.
- Describe crisis situations that may occur in the workplace, such as:
- Robbery of a restaurant
- Client having a seizure attack at a salon
- Weather emergency at a nursing home
- Intruder in a child care center
- Produce a crisis management manual for crisis situations in the
Related NY State Academic Standards: CDOS.C.2.1.A, CDOS.C.2.1.C, CDOS.C.3a.BS.1.A, and more!
Be sure to check out our Educational Resources, featuring thousands of activities, lesson plans, constructed-response questions, rubrics, teacher resources, multimedia, and more!