High School Resource
This simulation will allow students to generate electricity with a bar magnet. They will discover the physics behind the phenomena by exploring magnets and how you can use them to make a bulb light.
Using this simulation, students will:
- Identify equipment and conditions that produce induction.
- Compare and contrast how both a light bulb and voltmeter can be used to show characteristics of the induced current.
- Predict how the current will change when the conditions are varied.
- Explain practical applications of Faraday’s Law.
- Explain what causes the induction.
Related NY State Academic Standards: S.MS.PS.1.4, MST4.I.PS5.2, and MST4.C.P.4.1
Be sure to check out our Educational Resources, featuring thousands of activities, lesson plans, constructed-response questions, rubrics, teacher resources, multimedia, and more!