Start your school year by joining NYLearns’ Marla Witkowski for a free online PD session covering the standard-aligned educational resources and teacher tools of NYLearns.org.
Each webinar will take an in-depth look at different NYLearns teacher tools, standard-aligned educational resources, and how you can use these tools to build curriculum maps, create assessments, build your own teacher website, and more.
The first webinar will cover how to browse and search standards, where to find educational resources aligned to the NY State Academic and Common Core Standards, and how to search our database of over 20,000 questions from NYS Assessments and NYS Regents Exams.
Wednesday, August 20 at 10:00 AM:
“Save Time: Plan Your Year with Standard-Aligned Educational Resources & Instructional Content from NYLearns”
Register Now: https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/456802951
- Standards – Explore a searchable database of NY P-12 Common Core Standards for English Language Arts and Literacy and Mathematics, as well as the New York State Learning Standards.
- Educational Resources – Find thousands of high-quality Educational Resources that are aligned to the New York State Academic and Common Core Standards. This classroom-ready content is searchable by keyword, subject area, grade level, and course.
- Assessment Builder – Research thousands of questions, along with their alignments to standards and performance indicators, that have been entered directly from released NYS Assessments and NYS Regents Exams.
Wednesday, August 27 at 4:00 PM:
“1 Hour, 6 Teacher Tools, Endless Possibilities”
Register Now: https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/756940967
- In-depth review of each Teacher Tool:
- ePortfolio Overview – Organize and store all your digital files, media, and resources by uploading them into your personal electronic filing cabinet with unlimited cloud storage.
- My Website Overview – Build your own professional classroom website and empower parents and students with access to important information.
- My Curriculum Overview – Access your district’s curricula and create curriculum maps based on your personalized approach to instruction.
- My ePlanner Overview – Organize and plan day-to-day instruction while seamlessly integrating your district’s curricula.
- Publish Your Best Overview – Create classroom-ready lesson plans and resources aligned to the New York State Academic and Common Core Standards, and submit it to Peer Review for consideration for publication in the NYLearns collection of Educational Resources.
- My Communities Overview – Communicate and collaborate with colleagues in online learning communities that are school-based, district-wide, or open to others across New York State.
Wednesday, September 3 at 4:00 PM:
“Create Customized Curriculum Maps and Organize Your Instructional Approach”
Register Now: https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/162968663
- My Curriculum – A flexible curriculum mapping tool that will accommodate alignment to the New York State Academic and Common Core Standards. These maps can be customized to reflect a district’s unique approach to curriculum, and can be shared with all stakeholders within the district.
- Curriculum Administration – Explore the ‘back-end’ of the curriculum mapping tool, where users who have been designated by their district have access to create and manage headers, templates, and curriculum maps.
- My ePlanner – Create custom lesson plans to meet the needs of any initiative or instructional approach being used in your classroom or district.
Wednesday, September 10 at 4:00 PM:
“Build a Professional Teacher Website”
Register Now: https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/308472295
- My Website – Create a professional classroom website and empower parents and students with access to important information like assignments, news and announcements, sample assessments, and blog posts.
- My ePortfolio – Add virtually any file you want – word processing, presentations, spreadsheets, images, and more – to your teacher website, from your portable filing cabinet with unlimited cloud storage.