Middle School Resource
Students will construct a system, using basic mathematical computations that will notify students of a snow day.
- Teacher introduces the task of designing a system for informing all of the students in class of a snow day in a timely manner.
- Students are divided into groups to work.
- Each group brainstorms ideas and methods to accomplish the task.
- Students design various phone trees (diagrams) or other means, using mathematical computations to complete the task in the fewest possible steps.
- Groups create displays of their plans and present them to the class.
- Class discusses the merits of each of the plans.
Be sure to check out our Educational Resources, featuring thousands of activities, lesson plans, constructed-response questions, rubrics, teacher resources, multimedia, and more!