Middle School Resource
In this activity, students will understand how attitudes and choices affect success at school and at the workplace. They will:
- Role-play various situations that involve ethical decisions or actions.
- Cheating on a test
- Taking credit for another’s work
- Gossiping about fellow students
- Forging a parent’s signature
- Staying homesick when you’re not
- Making fun of a classmate who is different
- Sneaking “freebies” to families and friends
- Discuss the ethics involved in each of the situations and possible results of those actions.
- Identify similar actions in the workplace and discuss how those actions could impact one’s success on the job.
- Write a one-page summary of their reactions to the role-play situations and discussions.
Related NY State Academic Standards: W.5.1, W.5.4, SL.5.1, and more!
Be sure to check out our Educational Resources, featuring thousands of activities, lesson plans, constructed-response questions, rubrics, teacher resources, multimedia, and more!