Improve Listening, Thinking and Speaking Skills
Start off the new year by improving listening, thinking, and speaking skills with these FREE English Language Arts educational resources–all aligned to NY State Academic Standards.
In this lesson plan, students will:
- Discuss the importance of visualization when reading
- Learn to take notes on the WHO and WHAT and details of a passage
- Learn note-taking strategies for stories that compare and contrast (T-Chart)
Related NY State Academic Standards: ELA1.E.LR1C, ELA1.E.LR1E, ELA3.E.LR1A, and more!
In this plan, students will:
- Apply strategies when listening for comprehension
- Acquire new vocabulary from assigned text
- Summarize a chapter from assigned text
Related NY State Academic Standards: ELA.6.R.1.J, ELA.6.R.1.Q, ELA.6.R.2.A, and more!
In this multimedia resource, students will engage in rigorous debate about privatizing social security.
Related NY State Academic Standards: WST.9-10.1.a & WST.9-10.1.b
Also be sure to check out our Featured Content Archive, featuring thousands of activities, lesson plans, constructed-response questions, rubrics, teacher resources, multimedia, and more!