High School Resource: What Would You Have Done? 20th-Century Presidents
High School Resource
What Would You Have Done? 20th-Century Presidents
Students will investigate decisions made during various presidential administrations.
- Students divide into teams of three and select a 20th-century President to research. Teacher makes sure that each President is selected only once.
- Students use library resources and Internet to research the President to identify:
- Significant decisions made during his administration
- The impact decisions had on this and other countries
- Political, economic, and social policies
- Students representing various Presidents sit on a panel to lead class discussion about decisions made during various presidential administrations.
- Other students serve as reporters on the White House Press Corps and ask probing questions.
- Students select one President and write a reaction paper based on one of his decisions; paper is entitled “What Would I Have Done and Why?”
Related NY State Academic Standards: RI.11-12.8, RI.11-12.9, RH.9-10.6, and more!
Be sure to check out our Educational Resources, featuring thousands of activities, lesson plans, constructed-response questions, rubrics, teacher resources, multimedia, and more!