Elementary School Resource: Clothes I Wear In The Winter
Elementary School Resource
Clothes I Wear In The Winter
- This fun activity will assist your children when they dress themselves to go outdoors as they learn to follow oral directions.
- To provide background knowledge for this activity, bring in your own articles of winter clothing. Show the articles of clothing to the children and have them direct you as you dress yourself for the outdoors. Problem solve as you go along. For example, boots must be put on after snow pants. Discuss with the children the order for putting on the items.
- Provide each child with an outline of a person and clothing pieces made of construction paper – pants, jacket, boots, hat, mittens, scarf, etc. Again, discuss which items should be put on first, second, third, etc.
- The children will then dress their figure in the correct order using glue to fix the clothing pieces to the paper person.
- Read the book – The Jacket I Wear In The Snow by Shirley Neitzel to reinforce the concepts taught.
Related NY State Academic Standards: RL.PK.11, SL.PK.2, SL.PK.5, and more!
Be sure to check out our Educational Resources, featuring thousands of activities, lesson plans, constructed-response questions, rubrics, teacher resources, multimedia, and more!