Explore Climate Change in the Major World Biomes, Learn About Prevention Efforts, & Discover Unique Plants and Animals
Take a trip through the major world biomes to explore climate change and discover unique plants and animals with these FREE Educational Resources — all aligned to NY State Academic Standards.
In this learning activity, students will:
- Learn about the major world biomes.
- Develop travel brochures to countries within the biomes.
- Gain an awareness of careers associated with travel.
Related NY State Academic Standards: W.3.11, W.4.11, W.5.11, and more!
In this lesson plan, students will:
- Understand that Earth’s surface is divided into a number of biomes characterized by unique plants and animals and a distinctive climate.
- Identify adaptations of plants in specific biomes.
- Explain how certain adaptations help plants survive in the specific biomes.
Related NY State Academic Standards: MST4.E.LE.6, MST4.I.LE.1.1f, MST4.I.LE.4.3, and more!
In this web-based practice, students will explore climate change, learn about its effects on the world, and discover what is being done to prevent it.
Related NY State Academic Standards: MST4.C.LE.LE.6.3, MST4.C.LE.LE.7.1, MST4.C.LE.LE.7.2, and more!
Also, be sure to check out our Featured Content Archive, featuring thousands of activities, lesson plans, constructed-response questions, rubrics, teacher resources, multimedia, and more!